Cash-in-Transit Guard Security Licence. 1C Security Course – Sydney, Parramatta
CPPSS00061 – Cash-in-Transit
As required by NSW Police SLED,
- Anyone who carries on CIT activities must hold the 1C (Cash-in-Transit Guard) subclass.
- To carry on armed CIT activities, you must also hold the 1F (Armed Guard) subclass and the appropriate firearms licence.
If you held the former 1A (Unarmed Guard) subclass on 31 May 2023 and carried on unarmed cash-in-transit (CIT) activities under the authority of that licence, you can continue to do so until 1 December 2023 while holding the new 1A (Security Officer) subclass.
To continue carrying on unarmed CIT activities after 1 December 2023 you must:
- successfully complete the NSW Class 1C (Cash-in-Transit Guard) Licence Course or obtain the CIT-related units of competency from the current NSW Class 1F (Armed Guard) Licence Course, and
- lodge with SLED no later than 1 December 2023 a P1230 Class 1C (Cash-in-Transit Guard) Transition Application form (PDF) with a copy of your statement of attainment or certificate showing you have satisfied the 1C subclass training requirements.
Please check NSW SLED website for full information on 1C (Cash-in-Transit Guard) Subclass
Course Booking, Dates, Time, FEE, and Attendance requirements.
Complete the following steps for course admission.
- Check our BOOK NOW page for available course Dates and Times.
- Course Fee $ 595 Pay Online on our BOOK NOW page
- Complete the online enrolment.
- Visit our office, with 100 Points of Orignal Valid IDs and to,
- Complete the SLED-mandated Pre-Enrolment Assessment (LLN).
- Complete the self-paced learning and formative assessment tasks.
- Complete Face-to-Face NSW Police SLED Class assessments. (Minimum 2.5 Days)
You MUST attend Face-to-Face classes as required by NSW Police SLED to complete SLED assessments.
A $110 non-refundable admin fee will be applied if you withdraw from the course after completing the SLED-mandated Pre-Enrolment Assessment. No refund will be issued after the initial class start date.
1C Cash-in-Transit Guard Security Licence Course Eligibility
- Please check NSW SLED FACT SHEET 6 for Security Licence eligibility.
- MUST hold CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations OR a current class 1 NSW Security Licence (excluding subclass 1E)
- Must successfully complete the SLED-Mandated Pre-Enrolment Assessment (Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment)
- You MUST provide 100 points of Identification on Enrolment.
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Availability to attend all Cash-in-Transit security course face-to-face component.
- MUST have a valid USI (Unique Student Identifier Number). Check : Get your USI
NSW 1C Cash-in-Transit Guard Security Licence Course Delivery / Unit structure
The course will be conducted predominantly face-to-face, with self-paced learning and formative assessment tasks to be completed before the commencement of the face-to-face class components
The NSW Class 1C (Cash-in-Transit Guard) Licence Course consists of the following units of competency:
- CPPSEC3118 Inspect and test cash-in-transit security equipment
- CPPSEC3119 Implement cash-in-transit security procedures
- CPPSEC3120 Load and unload cash-in-transit in a secured and unsecured environment.
All NSW SLED assessments will be conducted per the NSW SLED Assessment Conditions in a classroom environment.
The assessments for all three units are clustered. A Statement of Attainment from CPP31318 Certificate III in Security Operations will be issued upon completing all three units.
To carry on armed CIT activities from 1 June 2023, you must hold the 1C (Cash-in-Transit Guard) and the 1F (Armed Guard) subclasses.
If you hold a current 1F (Armed Guard) subclass, your licence record will be amended on 1 June to show you have been automatically granted the 1C (Cash-in-Transit Guard) subclass. This is due to you having already completed CIT-specific training. You will retain the 1F subclass.
These subclass changes will be reflected immediately on SLED’s Public Register.
If you don’t hold a 1F security Licence class, and wish to work as an armed Cash-in-Transit Guard, you need to complete CPP31318 Certificate III in Security Operations, to be eligible to apply for your 1F security license class.