When you are looking for the most reliable and complete First Aid Course Training, look no further than our academy. When you enrol at our institute, you will get complete knowledge and skills you require to perform the First Aid.
If you are trying to join a demanding role in NSW Security Licence, physical trainer, hospitality, retail industry, Sports, or WHS Officer, you can show them the certificate you get at the end of the training. You will love to know that this First Aid certificate is valid throughout Australia.
Reasons to turn to us for First Aid Training
When you turn to our First Aid training center in Sydney Parramatta, you can rest assured knowing that you are getting trained at an approved institute. Once you have completed your Online Theory assessment, all you need is just a half day of your time in our face-to-face course. Over anything, we aim at offering our students the most simplified course that any layman can understand. The location is quite close to the public transportation facility making it even easier for you. So, if you are searching for First Aid course and need reliable friendly trainer / staff, turn to us!
Potential job roles on completion of this program include:
- Pre-requisite for NSW Security Licence
- Workplace First Aid Officer
- WHS Officer
- Pre-requisite for Australian Federal Police Force
- Aged and disability support worker
- Construction workers
- Volunteers in caring roles
- Sports, and physical trainers
- Hospitality and retail staff
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however it is expected that students have good communication skills, the ability to follow instruction and deal with stressful, confronting situations.
You must complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test online prior to enrolling, this is to determine if you have the necessary skills to successfully complete training without being disadvantaged. This must be completed prior to attempting your online assessment. The LLN test will be sent to you as a link along with the assessment. Please complete this prior to attempting the assessment.
You must complete the electronic theory component and LLN test at least 48 hours prior to attending your practical training day, which includes reading learning material and completing assessment questions. Do not skip components of the learning material, you must read each section as this is important fundamental learning. If you have not completed and submitted the LLN test and the assessment prior to the practical training day, you will not be admitted to class. There are no exceptions to this rule. The reading and assessment will take between 6-7 hours to complete depending on your skill level. On enrolment, you will be given access to the student portal via an email link to access your materials.
This course is about dealing with real life situations that may involve you and close family or friends. The training will expose you to conditions and scenarios that could be confronting to some. So, we ask that you come prepared to face situations which can be challenging for some. we recommend candidates to be age of 15 and over.
- The practical components, particularly CPR, now require a candidate to perform two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult and infant manikin on the floor in a kneeling position so clients need to be advised that they may find this difficult if they have problems physically with their knees.
- Students under the age of 18 years will be required to provide a signed parental consent form prior to attending the course.
- Have your USI ready prior to course attendance from the USI website, to create USI number, please see the link https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
COVID-19 Reasonable Adjustment: Please be aware that owing to Covid-19, the Australian Resuscitation Council and the Australian Industry and Skills Committee, have out in place emergency guidelines for first aid training. This requires an RTO to make what we call a ‘reasonable adjustment’, which is adjusting an assessment component to still achieve the desired outcome, but adapted slightly. For CPR delivery of rescue breathing or ventilations, these will now be done off to the side of the training mannikins, with no contact made between the students mouth and mannikin. You will wear fresh gloves at all times and be required to spray and disinfect the mannikin and wipe it down at the start and end of your practice and assessment. If you have any questions about this reasonable adjustment please ask you trainer.
- This course is a mix mod delivery course. Online theory and face to face class environment.
- You must complete your online theory component prior to attending face to face class. Pre course theory learning and assessment is approx. 8 Hrs. Theory workbook will be sent to you electronically upon enrolment. Face to face classroom-based learning practical session is for at least 7 Hours in our training venue in Sydney, NSW.
1 Day with pre online study
10:00 to 17:00
For course booking DATES please check our BOOK NOW page for next available course date.
This course is a single Unit of Competency in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid. You will however cover a number of conditions and their signs and symptoms and how to treat them.
- Responding to an emergency situation
- Casualty assessment and reporting
- Duty of Care and consent
- How to seek assistance and contact emergency services
- Performing Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (C P R)
- Operate an Automated External Defibrillator (A E D)
- Debriefing and psychological impact
- Anaphylaxis and severe allergic reaction
- Trauma and wound control
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Envenomation (Bites and Stings)
- Fractures and soft tissue injury
- Asthma and respiratory distress
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Abdominal injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Cardiac conditions
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Use of an auto. injector. Epi . pen
- Use of an auto. inhaler and spacing device
Once Student successfully complete the course student will be awarded a statement of attainment for the unit of competency HLTAID011 Provide First Aid. The Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) recommends a refresher for CPR annually and full qualification at least every three years.
- $ 85 – First Aid Course
- Check for any available promotion and book your course on our BOOK NOW page
Please read our privacy notice, learners hand book & fee schedule before booking or paying any fee https://www.alphabetacollege.edu.au/download/ . By booking and paying course fee you confirm that you agreed to our course terms and conditions.