This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
What job roles exist?
Depending on your level of experience, there are management roles in almost every industry in Australia and overseas:
- Management roles in Government
- Private sector
- Legal practice manager
- Motivation and Coaching
- Production manager
- Team leader
- Logistics Manager
- Distribution center manager
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
The participants in the BSB50420 – Diploma of Leadership and Management may be employees already working in the Leadership, Supervisory or Management roles or may be wishing to extend their skills base to Leadership and Management.
To ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing your diploma, you may enter this course if you meet any of the below criteria.
- Certificate III or IV in a similar discipline, and /or
- Equivalent vocational competency, and/or
- 1-2 years of work experience in business or leadership roles.
Please note: The Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) specifies required Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skill levels to enable successful participation in each qualification/training package. On enrolment, students will be asked to undertake Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) testing. This will check your current learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy skills and these results, allow us to direct you to available necessary support needed, if any, to help you successfully complete this course.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills.
The duration of the course is 12 months self-paced, including all learning and assessment activities. However, it is anticipated that the course length will vary with regard to individual client’s level of expertise and time dedicated to study.
As a guide, given the total number of units in the program is 12, students should aim to complete and be assessed in 1 unit at least every 4 weeks. To do this, students will be required to study at least approx. 9 hours a week or approx. 36 hours a month.
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBWRK520 Manage employee relations
- BSBHRM512 Develop and manage performance-management processes
- BSBHRM513 Manage workforce planning
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
Develop and use emotional intelligence
Manage operational plan
Lead and manage team effectiveness
Manage quality customer service
Manage people performance
Undertake project work
Manage employee relations
Develop and manage performance-management processes
Manage workforce planning
Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
Students who obtain a competent result for all 4 core units and 8 electives will receive BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
or Students who do not obtain a competent result in the 4 core units and any 8 electives will receive a Statement of Attainment toward BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management only.
* $1980 – Diploma of Leadership and Management
* Please contact us for Leadership and Management course booking and registration.
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our privacy notice, learners hand book & fee schedule before booking or paying any fee https://www.alphabetacollege.edu.au/downloads/ . By booking and paying course fee you confirm that you agreed to our course terms and conditions.