HLTAID014 – Provide advanced first aid
HLTAID014 Provide advanced First Aid course
. . .
Provide advanced first aid
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
HLTAID006 Provide advanced First Aid course
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aider’s until the arrival of medical assistance.
Potential job roles on completion of this program include:
- Pre-requisite for NSW Security Licence
- Workplace First Aid Officer
- WHS Officer
- Pre-requisite for Australian Federal Police Force
- Aged and disability support worker
- Construction workers
- Volunteers in caring roles
- Sports, and physical trainers
- Hospitality and retail staff
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however it is expected that students have good communication skills, the ability to follow instruction and deal with stressful, confronting situations.
You must complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test online prior to enrolling, this is to determine if you have the necessary skills to successfully complete training without being disadvantaged. This must be completed prior to attempting your online assessment. The LLN test will be sent to you as a link along with the assessment. Please complete this prior to attempting the assessment.
You must complete the electronic theory component and LLN test at least 48 hours prior to attending your practical training day, which includes reading learning material and completing assessment questions. Do not skip components of the learning material, you must read each section as this is important fundamental learning. If you have not completed and submitted the LLN test and the assessment prior to the practical training day, you will not be admitted to class. There are no exceptions to this rule. The reading and assessment will take between 6-7 hours to complete depending on your skill level. On enrolment, you will be given access to the student portal via an email link to access your materials.
This course is about dealing with real life situations that may involve you and close family or friends. The training will expose you to conditions and scenarios that could be confronting to some. So, we ask that you come prepared to face situations which can be challenging for some. we recommend candidates to be age of 15 and over.
- The practical components, particularly CPR, now require a candidate to perform two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult and infant manikin on the floor in a kneeling position so clients need to be advised that they may find this difficult if they have problems physically with their knees.
- Students under the age of 18 years will be required to provide a signed parental consent form prior to attending the course.
- Have your USI ready prior to course attendance from the USI website, to create USI number, please see the link https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
This course is a mix mod delivery course. Online theory and face to face class environment.
You must complete your online theory component prior to attending face to face class. Pre course theory learning and assessment is approx. 8 Hrs. Theory workbook will be sent to you electronically upon enrolment. Face to face classroom-based learning practical session is for at least 7 Hours in our training venue in Sydney, NSW.
1 Day with pre online study
9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
For course booking DATES please check our BOOK NOW page for next available course date.
This course is a single Unit of Competency in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid. You will however cover a number of conditions and their signs and symptoms and how to treat them.
* Assessment and management of emergency situations and casualty
* Trauma Management
* Apply life support skills in accordance with Resuscitation Council guidelines
* Operation of automated external defibrillator
* Advanced Resuscitation techniques
* Administration of medication
* Management of bleeding and wounds
* Procedures for managing multiple injuries and multiple casualties
* Administration of analgesic gases
* Infection control principles and procedures
Participants assessed as being competent in all assessments will receive:
- A Statement of Attainment in HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid.
* Please contact us for First Aid course booking and registration.
* Email: email@example.com
Please read our privacy notice, learners handbook & fee schedule before booking or paying any fee https://www.alphabetacollege.edu.au/downloads/ . By booking and paying course fee you confirm that you agreed to our course terms and conditions.
HLTAID006 Provide advanced First Aid course