SITSS00055 – Responsible Service of Alcohol
You’ll be trained in less than one day! RSA training takes minimum 6 hours to complete (excluding breaks).
The course is conducted face to face in a classroom based learning environment over one day at one of our training venues in Sydney, NSW. You will conduct a range of simulated activities, work in small groups, please make sure you wear closed end shoes, and you will need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course to be deemed competent. Throughout the day you will also complete formative activities leading up to your final assessment.
Jobs that require RSA training
* Bar staff
* Bottle shop attendants
* Security officers
* Event staff
* Function staff
* Cruise ship staff
* Volunteering at clubs and community venues that offer, serve or sell alcohol
* You must be aged 17 and above.
* You must be an Australian/New Zealand citizen, resident or humanitarian visa holder living or working in NSW.
* Fee-Free training is available even if you are already employed.
* You must not have previously held an RSA competency card that has expired and is currently due for renewal.
* Note: If your competency card has expired in the past two years or will expire before 30 June, you can access free refresher training by visiting the Liquor & Gaming NSW online refresher page.
Upon successfully completion of the course candidates will be awarded a statement of attainment for the unit of competency SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol, and Liquor and Gaming NSW Interim certificate. The Interim certificate is used in Service NSW to obtain your RSA competency card which is valid for 5 years.