NSW Security Licence course is subject to NSW Police SLED regulatory conditions/approvals for course schedule / mandated assessment requirements.
Security Course in NSW is structured as a blended delivery program that consists of both classroom face-to-face study environment and self-study. Students must complete pre-reading and external / home study prior to attending the Face to Face class. Students also need to provide or complete HLTAID011 Provide First Aid certificate prior to attending the class.
Weekdays course requires participants to complete (stage 1) pre-course external/home study to complete the formative assessment after enrollment, and (stage 2) face-to-face class.
2 Weeks Face to face class:- Time 09:30-18:30
Weekends course requires participants to complete (stage 1) pre-course external/home study to complete the formative assessment after enrollment, and (stage 2) a minimum 5 weekends of a face-to-face class. Sat–Sun. Time 09:30 – 18:30
Full class schedules or any updates for days/times will be confirmed in the booking email. Generally, The course is offered at our Parramatta and Newcastle venues.
This qualification consists of 14 units of competencies per national training package guidelines. If you are considering training in NSW and then moving interstate to seek Mutual Recognition, be mindful that each state and territory has different sets of guidelines for security licensing. Please read the Security Licensing Regulatory Bodies Information Sheet for students to check interstate security requirements.
NSW Police SLED Course Structure:
The 14 Units of Competency for CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations have been grouped into 4 Clusters.
NOTE: – According to NSW Police SLED requirements Student Must complete and pass Cluster One before joining any other cluster.
- Entry Requirements
- Provide 100 Points of NSW POLICE SLED-approved Identification.
- Read and sign Fact Sheet 6 Acknowledgment
- SLED Pre-Enrolment Assessment (Certificate II)
- You must be at least 18 years of age. (To apply for a security licence)
- You must have full Australian work rights.
- You must have had NO criminal convictions and NO non-convictions in the past ten years
- Complete or provide a copy of a valid First Aid Certificate
- HLTAID011 – Provide first aid
- CPPSEC2102 – Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
- CPPSEC2103 – Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
- CPPSEC2104 – Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
- NOTE: – According to NSW Police SLED requirements, Student Must complete and pass Cluster One before joining any other clster.
- CPPSEC2107 – Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
- CPPSEC2108 – Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
- CPPSEC2109 – Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
- CPPSEC2106 – Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
- CPPSEC2111 – Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
- CPPSEC2112 – Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
- CPPSEC2101 – Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
- CPPSEC2105 – Provide quality services to a range of security clients
- CPPSEC2110 – Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security.
- CPPSEC2113 – Escort and protect persons and valuables
Assessment requirements: You will be assessed through a range of assessment methods including knowledge-based quizzes, case studies, report-writing, face-to-face in-class role-plays, written and verbal assessments throughout the course and you must pass NSW SLED Mandated assessments.
Credit transfer: You can get a credit transfer if you had attained all units of competency contained in a Course cluster with a current Approved Organisation in accordance with the SLED regulatory requirements, on or after 1 July 2020.
Learning exemptions: You can get an exemption in learning from a cluster (but not the assessment) if you have achieved all the units of competency from that cluster with a currently approved organisation after 1 May 2013, but before 1 July 2020 or after 1 July 2020 with any other organisation.
RPL: Please note there is no RPL in this course as per SLED’s regulatory requirements.
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid: As required by NSW SLED, A statement of attainment or qualification / supporting transcript recording HLTAID011 Provide First Aid MUST be completed or provided by the learner prior to joining CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations.