Alpha Beta College offers a range of support services to students who indicate that they have disability at any time during their enrolment. Alpha Beta College’s Student Support services will hold a discussion with the student to determine the level of support that Alpha Beta College will provide to them so that they can complete their studies within their enrolment period. This can include, but not limited to:
- Learning support in the classroom or simulated work environment
- Assistance with note taking
- Study skills support
- Information technology (IT)
- Providing assessment activities in different forms.
- The extent of this support will be determined at the conclusion of the discussion.
The Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) specifies required Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skill levels to enable successful participation in each qualification/training package. On enrolment, students will be asked to undertake Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) testing. This will check your current learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy skills and these results, allow us to direct you to available necessary support needed, if any, to help you successfully complete this course.
Alpha Beta College process covers the following skills:
- Learning skills – study skills such as easy writing, note taking, time management.
- Language skills- assisting students with reading and writing skills.
- Numeracy skills – assisting students with mathematical activities
On request Alpha Beta College can provide advice and support to students on arrange of career and job related matters such as:
- Career advice
- Job search
- Resume writing
- Interview preparation
Privacy Notice Under the Data Provision Requirements Alpha Beta College (RTO 45195, CRICOS XXXXX) is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information may be used or disclosed by Alpha Beta College for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Alpha Beta College may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties.
– if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship; Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer; Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies; NCVER; Organisations conducting student surveys; and Researchers. Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts; facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys; understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation. You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).