This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
What job roles exist?
Depending on your level of experience, there are management roles in almost every industry in Australia and overseas:
- Management roles in Government
- Private sector
- Legal practice manager
- Motivation and Coaching
- Production manager
- Team leader
- Logistics Manager
- Distribution center manager
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.The participants in the BSB50420 – Diploma of Leadership and Management may be employees already working in the Leadership, Supervisory or Management roles or may be wishing to extend their skills base to Leadership and Management.
To ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing your diploma, you may enter this course if you meet any of the below criteria.
- Certificate III or IV in a similar discipline, and /or
- Equivalent vocational competency, and/or
- 1-2 years of work experience in business or leadership roles.
Please note: The Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) specifies required Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skill levels to enable successful participation in each qualification/training package. On enrolment, students will be asked to undertake Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) testing. This will check your current learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy skills and these results, allow us to direct you to available necessary support needed, if any, to help you successfully complete this course.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills.
The duration of the course is 12 months self-paced, including all learning and assessment activities. However, it is anticipated that the course length will vary with regard to individual client’s level of expertise and time dedicated to study.
As a guide, given the total number of units in the program is 12, students should aim to complete and be assessed in 1 unit at least every 4 weeks. To do this, students will be required to study at least approx. 9 hours a week or approx. 36 hours a month.
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
- BSBOPS505 Manage organisational customer service
- BSBTWK503 Manage meetings
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
- BSBHRM524 Coordinate workforce plan implementation
Students who obtain a competent result for all 6 core units and 6 electives will receive BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management or Students who do not obtain a competent result in the 6 core units and any 6 electives will receive a Statement of Attainment toward BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management only.
$1980 – Diploma of Leadership and Management