$450 – Security & First Aid Course (Pre-Book, Unemployed Special Limit 5 seats/class)
$495 – Security Course (Choose this option if you have a valid HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Certificate)
$550 – Security & First Aid Course
$685 – Security, First Aid & RSA Course
If you’re interested in a career in security industry , then completing the CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations is the first step towards making that happen. To work as a Security Officer in NSW, students are required to complete CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations and HLTAID003 Provide First Aid, completing 15 Units of Competency, as required by the Security Licensing and Enforcement Directorate (SLED) – the industry regulators in NSW. The course is fully accredited, nationally recognised training, covering the basic legal & operational knowledge and skills required to start working in the manpower (Class 1) sectors of the security industry.
We provide a concession price of $450 for unemployed / job seekers, payments can be made on our website or from your Job Provider, you need to provide evidence such as your current New Start status/card.
All candidates must attend a minimum of 102 hours of face-to-face training in a classroom environment, as prescribed by SLED. Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be able to apply to SLED for their NSW Class 1A, C security licence.
The CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations is a course to be completed to receive your security licence class 1AC in NSW. The course aims to provide you with the practical skills and knowledge required to work as a security officer in venues such as:
- Corporate offices
- Educational institutes
- Shopping Centres
- Sporting events
- Music festivals
- Industrial sites
- Construction sites
- Aviation, Airport Security
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply as there is an existing shortage of professional female security officers.
The course uses a combination of theoretical and practical training – such as roleplays and simulation learning – to effectively teach and train you in the responsibilities of a security guard. On completion of the course, you will be well-prepared to start your career as a security officer, equipped with the extensive knowledge needed to do a competent job in the real world. The course will also qualify you for more advanced security courses.
Potential job roles on completion of this program include:
- Static Security Officer
- Mobile Security Officer
- Crowd Controller
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Unarmed Security Officer
- Corporate Security Officer
- Airport Security Officer
- Hospitality Concierge Security
Course Entry Requirements
As stipulated by SLED NSW, candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years old to apply for security license with SLED.
- Be a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen or have work rights to apply for a security license with SLED.
- Provide 100 Points of Approved Organisation Student Evidence of Identity at enrolment. Click to check (SLED Approved Identification requirements).
- Read (Fact Sheet 6), Am I Eligible for a NSW Security Licence.
- Sign SLED Acknowledgement of Fact Sheet 6 at enrolment (Form P1016).
- Meet prescribed Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements as per SLED requirements, prior to commencing training.
- Have a strong command of the English language, as good written as well as verbal communication are key components of the course.
- Have your USI ready prior to course attendance from the USI website. To create USI number, please visit: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
Course duration is subject to NSW Police SLED regulatory approvals for days / times. The course is structured to run full time, in a face-to-face classroom-based environment, over 102 hours. Full class scheduled or any update for days / times will be confirmed in booking email. Generally The course is offered at the Parramatta venue, with the following timings including breaks:
Week Day Classes
Weekend Class (Booking Required)
This qualification consists of 7 core units and 5 elective units as per national training package guidelines. In NSW, SLED requires that you complete three additional elective units for NSW licensing purposes, meaning you will study 15 units instead of 12. If you are considering training in NSW and then moving interstate to seek Mutual Recognition, be mindful each state and territory has different sets of guidelines relating to how many elective units you must study. Please read the Security Licensing Regulatory Bodies Information Sheet for students to check interstate security requirements.
A statement of attainment or qualification / supporting transcript recording HLTAID003 Provide First Aid need to be completed or provided by learner to obtain CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations. (First Aid training class runs separately)
Communicate effectively in the security industry
Follow workplace safety procedures in the security industry
Work effectively in the security industry
Respond to security risk situation
Work as part of a security team
Provide security services to clients
Protect safety of persons
Control access to and from premises
Respond to security risk situation
Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
Operate basic security equipment
Use communication systems
- $450 – Security & First Aid Course (Job seekers / Unemployed)
- $495 – Security Course (Choose this option if you have a valid HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Certificate)
- $550 – Security & First Aid Course
- $685 – Security, First Aid & RSA Course
Please read our privacy notice, learners hand book & fee schedule before booking or paying any fee. https://www.alphabetacollege.edu.au/download/ . By booking and paying course fee you confirm that you agreed to our course terms and conditions.