Security Course, the CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations is a course to be completed to receive your security licence class 1AC in NSW. Security Course Training in NSW is subject to NSW Police SLED security course terms & conditions.
The course aims to provide you with the practical skills and knowledge required to work as a security officer in venues such as:
- Corporate offices
- Educational institutes
- Shopping Centers
- Sporting events
- Music festivals
- Industrial sites
- Construction sites
- Aviation, Airport Security
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply as there is an existing shortage of professional female security officers.
The course uses a combination of theoretical and practical training – such as roleplays and simulation learning – to effectively teach and train you in the responsibilities of a security guard. On completion of the course, you will be well-prepared to start your career as a security officer, equipped with the extensive knowledge needed to do a competent job in the real world. The course will also qualify you for more advanced security courses.
Potential job roles on completion of this program include:
- Static Security Officer
- Mobile Security Officer
- Crowd Controller
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Unarmed Security Officer
- Corporate Security Officer
- Airport Security Officer
- Hospitality Concierge Security
As stipulated by SLED NSW, candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years old to apply for security license with SLED.
- Be a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen or have work rights to apply for a security license with SLED.
- Provide 100 Points of Approved Organisation Student Evidence of Identity at enrolment. Click to check (SLED Approved Identification requirements).
- Read (Fact Sheet 6), Am I Eligible for a NSW Security Licence.
- Sign SLED Acknowledgement of Fact Sheet 6 at enrolment (Form P1016).
- A statement of attainment or qualification / supporting transcript recording HLTAID003 Provide First Aid MUST be completed or provided by learner prior to join CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations.
- Meet prescribed Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements as per SLED requirements, prior to commencing training. You must attend in person at Parramatta campus with required identification in order to complete the LLN testing, complete registration, read and sign Fact Sheet 6 and declaration from NSW Police Force. This must be done before the course commences. You will not be enrolled unless LLN test & registration has been completed prior to the first day of training. If you book and paid for a course via our website, you are still required to attend Parramatta campus prior to your course for skills testing. If you do not attain the required skills level prior to the course and have paid upfront, you will be refunded in full.
- Have a strong command of the English language, as good written as well as verbal communication are key components of the course.
- Have your USI ready prior to course attendance from the USI website. To create USI number, please visit: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
NSW Security Licence course is subject to NSW Police SLED regulatory conditions / approvals for course schedule / mandated assessment requirements.
Security Course in NSW is structured as a blended delivery program which consist of both classroom face-to-face study environment and self-study. Students must complete pre-reading and external / home study prior to attend the Face to Face class. Students also needs to provide or complete HLTAID003 Provide First Aid certificate prior to attending the class.
Weekdays course requires participants to complete (stage 1) 3 weeks of pre-course external/home study to complete formative assessment after enrollment, and (stage 2) minimum 3 weeks of face to face class. Participants will have 6 months to complete this course.
Weekdays Face to face class:- Days/Times (minimum 3 weeks – Mon-Fri 09:30-18:30)
Weekends course requires participants to complete (stage 1) 3 weeks of pre-course external/home study to complete formative assessment after enrollment, and (stage 2) minimum 8 weekends of face to face class. Participants will have 6 months to complete this course.
Weekend face to face class :- Days/Times (minimum 8 weekends – Sat – Sun 09:30 – 18:30)
Full class scheduled or any update for days / times will be confirmed in booking email. Generally, The course is offered at our Parramatta venue, with the following timings including breaks.
This qualification consists of 14 units of competencies per national training package guidelines. If you are considering training in NSW and then moving interstate to seek Mutual Recognition, be mindful each state and territory has different sets of guidelines for security licensing. Please read the Security Licensing Regulatory Bodies Information Sheet for students to check interstate security requirements.
Assessment requirements: You will be assessed through a range of assessment methods including knowledge-based quizzes, case studies, report-writing, face-to-face in class role-plays, written and verbal assessments throughout the course and you must pass NSW SLED Mandated assessments.
Credit transfer: You can get credit transfer if you had attained all units of competency contained in a Course cluster with a current Approved Organisation in accordance with the SLED regulatory requirements, on or after 1 July 2020.
Learning exemptions: You can get exemption in learning from a cluster (but not the assessment) if you have achieved all the units of competency from that cluster with a currently approved organisation after 1 May 2013, but before 1 July 2020 or after 1 July 2020 with any other organisation.
RPL: Please note there is no RPL in this course as per SLED’s regulatory requirements.
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid: As required by NSW SLED, A statement of attainment or qualification / supporting transcript recording HLTAID003 Provide First Aid MUST be completed or provided by learner prior to join CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations.
CPPSEC2101 Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
CPPSEC2102 Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
CPPSEC2103 Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
CPPSEC2104 Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
CPPSEC2105 Provide quality services to a range of security clients
CPPSEC2106 Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
CPPSEC2107 Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
CPPSEC2108 Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
CPPSEC2109 Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
CPPSEC2110 Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
CPPSEC2111 Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
CPPSEC2112 Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
CPPSEC2113 Escort and protect persons and valuables
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
Provide quality services to a range of security clients
Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
Monitor and control individual and crowd behavior to maintain security
Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
Escort and protect persons and valuables
Provide first aid
After successful completion of this course you will be deemed competent with the knowledge and skills to be awarded the CPP20218 – Certificate II in Security Operations.
Check for any available promotion / discount and book your course on our BOOK NOW page
- $100 – Administration, Induction & Registration Application Fee – (Non Refundable)
- $1050 – Security Course Only (After registration)
- $1100 – Security & First Aid Course (After registration)
- $200 – Security Weekend Course surcharge apply
- $55 – Re-Assessment Fee (Each Assessment Task)
*this course can be subsidised by the NSW Government’s Smart & Skilled initiative.